Classless in-addr.arpa delegation.

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Aug 30 17:07:43 UTC 2000

I've already pointed out the problems with Jay's approach; basically the only
way one can make it work is by lying to other nameservers, which is a
two-fold problem: 1) if it's a badly-crafted lie, then other nameservers may
believe it to their detriment and yours (because now they'll ask *your*
server about everything in that C-class range), 2) even if it's a
well-crafted lie, some other nameservers may still find it suspect and
discard your responses.

If one's ISP delegates each address individually, then the *only* reasonable
thing to do is create a zone for each one. Failing that, do RFC 2317.

- Kevin