Virtual Hosting Howto

Len Conrad lconrad at Go2France.com
Wed Aug 30 18:09:15 UTC 2000

>I'd like to resolve multiple FQDNs to a single IP address so I can host
>other sites on my IP.  I've searched through ORA DNS&BIND, RFC 1034 and
>this NG and have had no luck finding info on this topic.

I assume you have different domains, so you different zone files.

In each zone file, specify in your A reords for domain.com,
host.domain.com, service.domain.com at the single ip you have.

of course, each protocol server, eg, www, will have to be able
resolve the incoming service request, eg, via http 1.1 host headers,
into the correct virtualized service sharing the single ip.

Len

http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com: ISC BIND 8.2.2 p5  installable binary for NT4
http://IMGate.MEIway.com:  Build free, hi-perf, anti-spam mail gateways