Looking for way to mark a zone no-xfer for a sub-domain .

Mr. James W. Laferriere babydr at baby-dragons.com
Thu Aug 31 05:59:29 UTC 2000

	Hello All ,  I have been searching for an answer to this .
	I need to make a sub-domain private from the rest of the world
	but not from the real primary names server .  ie:

	ns1.baby-dragons.com is master name server .
	bad.baby-dragons.com is the sub-domain I'd like to remain private .

	I do mean private .  not even the fact that that there is a
	sub-domain of that name .  What I notice in named-xfer's is that ,
	since ns1 must at least know that the primary NS for the
	sub-domain exists .  It will propigate the entry to its secondaries
	and thus everyone else can guess that the sub-domain exists .

	My primary reason for this is to keep rfc1918 addresses from
	creeping out to the secondaries & thus other systems .  Plus
	I still would like the domian not known to others as well .

	Is there some URL or insight someone could pass along ?
		Tia ,  JimL

       | James   W.   Laferriere | System  Techniques | Give me VMS     |
       | Network        Engineer | 25416      22nd So |  Give me Linux  |
       | babydr at baby-dragons.com | DesMoines WA 98198 |   only  on  AXP |