Including A Records For Someone Else's Hosts

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Aug 1 22:49:36 UTC 2000

Why do your clients need reverse lookups of their IP addresses? When used for
(pseudo-)authentication, it's usually only servers which care about
reverse-resolving client addresses, not the other way around.

By the way, have you inquired whether they might already have their own
DNS infrastructure in place? Maybe you could just use delegation or selective
forwarding to resolve their names and/or addresses out of their DNS, instead of
having to duplicate the data in yours.

- Kevin