strange problem with mx record for ahi.org

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Aug 7 21:11:01 UTC 2000

Well, the nameservers for ahi.org which are being reported by its delegated
nameservers are:

ahi.org.                1H IN NS        ns2.worldweb.net.org.
ahi.org.                1H IN NS        ns1.worldweb.net.org.

Neither of these have associated A records. Looks like someone got confused as to
whether they belong in "net" or "org". So the MX record resolves when the
delegation is followed down from the "org" nameservers (every hour), but not when
the cached, bogus NS records are used.

- Kevin