Quick question about Host records

Stefan Probst stefan.probst at opticom.v-nam.net
Wed Aug 9 07:23:41 UTC 2000

At 01:12 09.08.00 GMT, Don Stokes wrote:
-------------------------
> Last time I looked, which was some time ago, NSI (and I'm not sure about
> other registrars) key name server addresses on IP address, and don't
> allow duplicates.

I too remember such a condition (i.e. one host per IP address), but when I
wanted to lookup this info in NSI' site some days ago, I couldn't find it
anymore.
I am not sure, whether only their site has become more chaotic, and I
couldn't find it therefore, or whether they've dropped that requirement.

Would there be technical obstacles?
Another registar or the registry of another TLD might accept this?

Cheers,
Stefan