BIND 8.2.2P5 not recieving

Kurt Shaffer Kurt_Shaffer at steris.com
Thu Aug 10 14:49:05 UTC 2000

     I am wondering if anyone has seen this before.

     I setup a server outside our firewall using Solaris 8 with BIND
     8.2.2P5 on it.  After it was setup and running I snoop the interface
     and see a bunch of requests going out but no replies coming in.  The
     server can resolve addresses for names in its own tables (both primary
     and secondary) but can not resolve anything outside of that (i.e.
     www.sun.com).  There is a filter in place but the guy who runs that
     tells me that all udp traffic is allowed in and out for all machines
     on the network.

     Thankx,
     KS