problem with one external domain

Vitor Colaço vitor.colaco at esdata.pt
Mon Aug 14 14:44:37 UTC 2000

Ramón Alvarez Rayo wrote:

> hello, i have problem with the following domain: ibw.com.ni, from my server=
> =20
> i can not resolv this domain, but the server can resolv other domains:
>
> Default Server:  ns.tmx.com.ni
> Address:  205.218.253.2
>  > ibw.com.ni
> Server:  ns.tmx.com.ni
> Address:  205.218.253.2
>   ;; res_nmkquery(QUERY, ibw.com.ni, IN, A)
> ------------
> SendRequest(), len 28
>      HEADER:
>          opcode =3D QUERY, id =3D 63149, rcode =3D NOERROR
>          header flags:  query, want recursion
>          questions =3D 1,  answers =3D 0,  authority records =3D 0, =
>  additional =3D 0
>      QUESTIONS:
>          ibw.com.ni, type =3D A, class =3D IN
> ------------
> timeout
> timeout
> SendRequest failed
> ;; res_nmkquery(QUERY, ibw.com.ni.tmx.com.ni, IN, A)

Take a look at this last line. Now go to config of domain and insert .
(dot) ate the end of ibw.com.ni :-)

It didnt have any so it added the origin : ibw.com.ni.tmx.com.ni (3 last
are wrong)

--
Vitor Colaco		|	"Some marriages are made in heaven
Analista de Suporte	| 		-- but so are thunder and lightning."