problem with one external domain

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Aug 14 23:29:08 UTC 2000

Vitor Cola=E7o wrote:

> Ram=F3n Alvarez Rayo wrote:
> >
> > hello, i have problem with the following domain: ibw.com.ni, from my =
server=3D
> > =3D20
> > i can not resolv this domain, but the server can resolv other domains=
:

> > Default Server:  ns.tmx.com.ni
> > Address:  205.218.253.2
> >  > ibw.com.ni
> > Server:  ns.tmx.com.ni
> > Address:  205.218.253.2
> >   ;; res_nmkquery(QUERY, ibw.com.ni, IN, A)
> > ------------
> > SendRequest(), len 28
> >      HEADER:
> >          opcode =3D3D QUERY, id =3D3D 63149, rcode =3D3D NOERROR
> >          header flags:  query, want recursion
> >          questions =3D3D 1,  answers =3D3D 0,  authority records =3D3=
D 0, =3D
> >  additional =3D3D 0
> >      QUESTIONS:
> >          ibw.com.ni, type =3D3D A, class =3D3D IN
> > ------------
> > timeout
> > timeout
> > SendRequest failed
> > ;; res_nmkquery(QUERY, ibw.com.ni.tmx.com.ni, IN, A)
>
> Take a look at this last line. Now go to config of domain and insert .
> (dot) ate the end of ibw.com.ni :-)
>
> It didnt have any so it added the origin : ibw.com.ni.tmx.com.ni (3 las=
> are wrong)

What are you talking about? Retrying the query with the default domain ap=
pended
is the default behavior of "nslookup" after a query failure. Nothing in t=
he
output above implies a problem with the local zone data; it looks like a =
plain
old connectivity problem to the "ibw.com.ni" nameservers.