Problems with delegation

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Aug 17 21:20:06 UTC 2000

Guilherme G. Felix wrote:

>     Hi folks,
>
>                  Houston, I get a problem!!!! I have a NS that is a
> internal domain of a private network, so, it`s
> a private domain, but, my NS is delegating it. How can I stop it?
>
>                     Any ideias?

If you don't want NS records visible to the Internet, then don't put
them in a public DNS zone. Unless you have a split DNS namespace,
though, you may find that removing the delegation NS record(s) from the
parent zone may make the child zone inaccessible to internal
nameservers. This is why split DNS is pretty much a requirement if you
want to "hide" some of your namespace.

-Kevin