zone-xfer fails if kicked off by named, but manual named-xfer succeeds

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Aug 24 23:03:33 UTC 2000

I wouldn't rule out a firewall problem yet. When named checks the serial number to
see if a zone transfer is necessary, it uses a regular UDP query, named-xfer, on the
other hand, uses only TCP. So these results would be consistent with
TCP-but-not-UDP connectivity to the master(s), which is likely to be a firewall
issue.

- Kevin