Cache Problem

Mathias Körber mathias at koerber.org
Sun Dec 10 20:58:14 UTC 2000

> Help, please
>=20
> this is urgent, I need some assistance, I've done a zone transfer ls
> domain.com to my DNS server by mistake.

It is unlikely that that caused your problems, as doing an ls
inside nslookup will not put the whole zone into your cache.

You should be able to dump your cache (ndp dumpdb) and verify that.

> I want to clear this domain from the DNS cache and from=20
> everywhere else cuz
> I can not send e-mail to that domain anymore.

The cache will be cleared by totally restarting named:
	# ndc restart
or
	# ndc stop
	# ndc start

>=20
> How do I clear this domain from my DNS cache, I've searched=20
> everywhere in my
> named.conf and DB.Zones..it doesn't exists.
>=20
> I want to get my DNS to query the authortive Server for the domain =
recores
> again.
>=20
> how do I accomplish that!!
>=20
> apprecaite any assistance.

Maybe you should post some more information on
	- which zone you are talking about
	- which nameserver(s) you got the zonetransfer from
	- which record you think is the problem
	- your named.conf file

regards