Upgrade to BIND 8.2.1 from BIND 4.9.4 on Solaris

Waltner, Steve swaltner at lsil.com
Wed Dec 20 20:18:37 UTC 2000

Here is what I did in my /etc/init.d/inetsvc file to launch BINS 8.2.2p7 on
Solaris 2.6. How is this different than what you did?

# If this machine is configured to be an Internet Domain Name
# System (DNS) server, run the name daemon.
# Start named prior to: route add net host, to avoid dns
# gethostbyname timout delay for nameserver during boot.
#
#if [ -f /usr/sbin/in.named -a -f /etc/named.boot ]; then
#       /usr/sbin/in.named;     echo "starting internet domain name server."
#fi
if [ -x /usr/local/etc/in.named -a -f /usr/local/etc/named.conf ]; then
        /usr/local/etc/in.named;        echo "starting internet domain name
server."
fi
--
Steve Waltner