Scavenging records

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Dec 20 20:02:40 UTC 2000

This is not a function of DNS, _per_se_, which has no way of telling the
difference between a permanent record and a temporary one. Whatever system,
program or person is adding the records in the first place -- e.g. a
DHCP subsystem -- presumably has that knowledge and should delete the records
once they have "expired" (for some given definition of "expiration").

- Kevin