lame servers and named 8.2.2-P5..

Luke Miller millerlu at peak.org
Tue Feb 8 22:09:10 UTC 2000

I have two name servers (a primary and a seconday) running named 8.2.2-P5
both on RedHat 6.0 systems. I am getting a lot of name servers for a
number domains such as below:

Feb  8 14:09:22 mccoy named[8778]: ns_resp: query(fosterpurdy.com) All
possible A RR's lame

What happens is that I am unable to get mx records for certain domains
from my primary name server:

loki 140> nslookup -type=mx fosterpurdy.com
Server:  mccoy.peak.org
Address:  198.68.23.27

*** mccoy.peak.org can't find fosterpurdy.com: Non-existent host/domain

But I can get A records from this name server and I can get the mx records
for this domain (fosterpurdy.com) from my seconday name server, the
authoritative name servers for the domain and from other name servers
that I query on the internet.

Also, if I kill and restart my named, it seams to work for a while but
then breaks again.  Any ideas would be apprecated.

Thanks,

Luke

      *      Luke Miller              System Administrator      *
      *   millerlu at peak.org               541-754-7325          *