Secondary not updating?

Jason J. Horton jason at intercom.com
Thu Feb 10 17:52:57 UTC 2000

I have 2 nameservers running bind 8.2.2P5. One is the master for a zone,
the other is a slave for the zone. In the master zone file, I set the TTL like so:
$TTL		86400
@                       IN      SOA etc. etc...

On the master, I have made changes to the zone on atleast a weekly basis,
sometimes a daily basis, yet when I look on the secondary machine, I see
the serial is almost 2 months old and it has ancient RRs. Restarting the
named process on the secondary does not seem to cause it to renew the info.
I have to manually remove all the secondary files, kill the process and
start it again. Only after doing this does the information update properly.
Am I doing something wrong? Is there a reason why the secondary is not getting
updated info every 24 hours?

--
	-Jason J. Horton <jason at intercom.com>
	 Fat Man in a Little Coat