DNS server cannot poll its own BIND service

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Feb 14 22:05:50 UTC 2000

If DNS resolution works with a configured /etc/resolv.conf and doesn't
work in the absence of a configured /etc/resolv.conf, I'd say it's a
pretty good bet that the resolver needs a configured /etc/resolv.conf,
regardless of what the man page says.

To paraphrase an old saying, observed behavior speaks louder than
documentation...

- Kevin