out of memory

Jim Turner jimt at netins.net
Wed Feb 23 21:56:13 UTC 2000

Mark,

   Thank you for your reply.

   I read in another post you made stating that setting a datasize
can force named to take more memory.  What is confusing is how do
you test or verify that named will now take the additional memory?
And is there an easy way to see what the process sees as it's limit
besides monitoring it until it dies?

   I also received another response from a gentleman that stated
even if "options { datasize #; };" is set, the OS may restrict
usage based on the user.  That kinda falls back on verifying that
named grabbed the memory you told it to take.

   Thanks again for your input.

________
Jim Turner
Systems Administration