Changing IP address of NameServer

Kyle Witherspoon kwitherspoon at my-deja.com
Thu Feb 24 19:06:24 UTC 2000

I've got a problem...(yes..I bought the O'reilly book on BIND and DNS
and no luck) We have a name server which we are moving to an entirely
new subnet with a diff range of IPs....(the server also is a virtual
webhost) How do I change the Ip address of the name server and plug it
into the new subnet and change the ips of all the virtual hosts with the
smallest amount of downtime? If I change the HOST w/ Internic, when will
they update it? Do I then have to drive 90 MPH to our new NOC in 10
minutes to then change every zone file? There has to be a easier (?)
way....thanks...appreciate any bone someone can throw...or at least a
FAQ or HOWTO I can read

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.