Interoperability between BIND versions

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Wed Jan 12 22:37:06 UTC 2000

> Dear All,
>
> I am about to upgrade our master servers to v8.2.2p5. However, several slave
>
> servers run an older version of BIND, ranging from 4.9.3 to 4.9.7. (All on S
> un
> Solaris 2.5.1.) The slaves will be upgraded later.
>
> - Can anyone tell me which interoperability issues I certainly should not
>   forget about ?

	BIND 8 is stricter in its checking.  Check the syslog after you
	start the new server and address the issues reported.

	BIND 8.2 introduced the $TTL directive, see RFC 2308.  BIND 8.2
	onwards warns about zones still using the old SOA minimum semantics.

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc. / Internet Software Consortium
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com