Interoperability between BIND versions

Geert Jacobs gjacobs at domocomm.com
Wed Jan 12 23:05:36 UTC 2000

Dear All,

I am about to upgrade our master servers to v8.2.2p5. However, several slave
servers run an older version of BIND, ranging from 4.9.3 to 4.9.7. (All on Sun
Solaris 2.5.1.) The slaves will be upgraded later.

- Can anyone tell me which interoperability issues I certainly should not
  forget about ?
- A pointer to more info on this issue is also much appreciated. (I have read
  Chapter 13 of "The Book" and have access to the archives of this list.)
- Did you experience specific peculiarities ?

Many thanks to all who respond !

Geert