Syslog file

Li Qiang LIQ at SYNNEX.COM
Wed Jan 12 22:52:19 UTC 2000

Sorry, wrong mailing list... Disregard the message...

		-----Original Message-----
		From:	Li Qiang [mailto:LIQ at SYNNEX.COM]
		Sent:	Wednesday, January 12, 2000 2:15 PM
		To:	bind-users at isc.org
		Subject:	Syslog file

		Hi All,

		I need some help on this..

		I have a redhat (5.2) box, and when I telnet to that box
form another
		terminal, every time if there is a message on
./var/log/message, it shows up
		on my remote terminal screen too.. Can some one tell me how
to stop this (I
		still want keep the message log file, now I have to shut
down the syslogd).

		Another question is, I setup a user on that box by using c
shell, and every
		time when I use a command (login as user), I have to use
"./command" instead
		of "command"  Pls help.

		Thanks!!!!

		Li