Newbie Q - Can't resolve external queries

Phil Elia pelia at slip.net
Sat Jan 15 00:14:57 UTC 2000

Greetings,

This is probably BIND 101 stuff but I'm hoping someone can help me.
Can't seem to resolve any external queries.

Been running Bind 4.9.7 of WinNT network internally for some time.
Got a couple of name servers running locally and all internal DNS
works  fine.

I'm now attempting to connect our sub domain to our parent domain for
Internet access.  Our parent has delegated two name servers at their
end for our domain.  Ex. oursite.company.com = parentNS1.company.com
                           oursite.company.com = parentNS2.company.com

The db.cache file at our site is current and is being queried by our
nameservers at startup.

There are no references to the parent name servers in any of our db
files.  Should there be? Where should these entries be located and
what is the syntax?

Is there anything else that could be causing this problem?

Sorry for the newbie questions and thanks for any help you can
provide.

Phil Elia