Alias and CNAME question

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Jul 12 22:58:15 UTC 2000

Looks like there's something wrong with krynn or a
router/NAT/firewall/whatever between it and the Internet, since I can't
resolve anything from that box. The reason krynn's name resolves even in
the absence of krynn being able to answer for the domain, is that the
TLD servers have that name as a glue record.

By the way, from your domain delegation, it looks like register.com allows
one to violate the traditional 2-nameserver minimum rule. Do you care at
all about your domain's availability?

- Kevin