Access List question

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Mon Jul 17 17:59:47 UTC 2000

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 10:32:18AM +1000, Brendan Laws wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> 	I am new to this and have a few questions if someone could help that
> would be great
>
> 	I will be setting up a name server on a public IP address to be
> authing for a public domain,my question is, with bind 8 can i allow quries
> to the public records but also in my dns have 10. address but deny quries of
> 10 address to the outside world
>
> 	ie only 10 address and 192.162 etc can query the nameserver for
> these LAN 10 addresses..

You cannot restrict by values in the records.

It would be a good idea if you put all of your "private internet"
addresses in a separate domain.  This can be restricted.

It would be even better if you also ran two instances of 'named', one
listening to the internal interface and returning what the internal
folks shoud see, and one listening only to external interfaces and
returning what external queriers should see.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B