about bind8.2.2p5

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Tue Jul 18 15:25:04 UTC 2000

On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 03:29:37PM +0800, zhangkj wrote:
> Dear Sir,
> I have a quession. I update my dns server from bind.4.9.7 to bind8.2.2p5.
> But it can not be  started,
> it prompt:
>             #ndc start
>              no memory for more zones
>              Abort trap
>              ndc: error: could not start new name server (/usr/sbin/named)
> It can be started before update.

Never heard of this.  And you have not included much data.

What type of system is this on?  How is it sized?

Could it be that you have not given the name server "unlimited" memory?
That is, are memory limits still on when you try to start 'named'?

Is 'named' in fact in /usr/sbin/named, and is it executable?

Others will want to weigh in on this.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B