Authoritative

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Thu Jul 20 13:48:04 UTC 2000

	While you can, it is not good form.  Specially if you are
	using private address space internally.

	From the external perspective i/(i+e) chance of a external
	client trying one of the internal servers first then having
	to retry.  This will make you site seem slow.

	Are the internal servers also the servers listed in resolv.conf?
	If so then there is no need to have them listed.  You only need
	to have them listed if your internal servers need to recurse
	to find answers from these servers.  Even then you can usually
	avoid having to list the servers through judicious use of
	forward zones.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.