ask if everyone can resolve this DNS

Paul Jacobs paul at netpacq.com
Fri Jun 2 17:40:31 UTC 2000

Below is a copy of the internic whois is!!:

[whois.crsnic.net]

Whois Server Version 1.1

Domain names in the .com, .net, and .org domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

    Domain Name: FAPENET.ORG
    Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
    Referral URL: www.networksolutions.com
    Name Server: GALILEO.FAPENET.ORG
    Name Server: NS1.FAPENET.ORG
    Name Server: VIRGIL.FAPENET.ORG
    Updated Date: 21-may-2000

 >>> Last update of whois database: Fri, 2 Jun 00 05:45:57 EDT <<<

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .ORG, .EDU domains and
Registrars.

At 01:19 AM 6/2/2000, Mathias Koerber wrote:
>On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, Allan T. Parreno wrote:
>
>| Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 16:35:14 +0800 (PHT)
>| From: Allan T. Parreno <allan at iloilo.fapenet.org>
>| To: Mathias Koerber <mathias at staff.singnet.com.sg>
>| Cc: Richard T.A. Neal <RNeal at techdirect.net>, Bind <bind-users at isc.org>
>| Subject: RE: ask if everyone can resolve this DNS
>|

>| why is it that others can resolve and others cannot resolve my DNS
>| somthing wrong with my settings?
>|
>| please advise.
>
>Don't know. If you showed us a case where it does not work, and the
>configuration
>(/etc/resolv.conf, or which NS you are querying etc) we might be able to say
>something.
>

>| thanks.

Best regards,
Paul Jacobs /Senior Network Eng.