problem with bind

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at bart.nl
Mon Jun 5 14:35:26 UTC 2000

[reformatted]

-On [20000605 15:48], Kapil Sethi (kapil.sethi at fluxart.com) wrote:
>My remote server is running in US while I am in India. the problem is
>that my server has stopped resolving the ip address of one of the sites
>hosted on my system.  what could be the reason. the configuration files
>for all the domains are created using the same script and at present
>the conf file is ok.
>
>so when i nslookup from my machine in India this site it says
>Non-Existent host/domain, but if i log on into the remote machine the
>nslookup responds with the proper address.

Does that server run a BIND daemon?

If so it is probably just resolving the addresses locally.

Is the whois information still ok?

Since you decided to keep the domainnames a secret I cannot help you
anymore than this.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          Network- and systemadministrator
<jruigrok at via-net-works.nl>            VIA Net.Works The Netherlands