Secondary with Granitecanyon

Dave Warren maillist at devilsplayground.net
Mon Jun 5 02:25:47 UTC 2000

> They used to, and good registrary folks still do.

It creates a chicken and the egg thing.  Network Solutions has asked my ISP
to not create a hosting package until the root servers show the domain is
transferred.  So obviously they must transfer the domain before we can have
DNS services going live.

Either way, it would be cool if I, as a DNS administrator, could list all
the domains that have me as a primary, and get rid of them.  So far, the
best solution I've found to removing lame delegations that point to me is to
just create a zone file and CNAME all the common records www/ftp/mail/etc to
127.0.0.1, that way if they are using the domain actively, I'll "break" it
and they'll solve the problem.

Anyone see any problems with this behaviour?