moved server to new subnet- strange stuff?

Marcus James mjames at ksimaging.com
Thu Jun 8 16:11:38 UTC 2000

I setup BIND 8.2.2 on Redhat Linux 6.1 on 3 servers.
One is the master the others are secondary servers.

I had tested and all worked fine when on the same subnet as the master.
I changed the address for one and moved to another subnet across the WAN,
set the correct gateway etc.
I can telnet to the server across the WAN, telnet back to the master etc, so
I know connectivity is fine.

Here is the problem. Creation of zone files is incomplete. Of the zones it
does transfer they end up with strange extensions.
Here is an example.

    domainname.com.eMbsFa              domainname.com.nvU7wT

Does anyone have any ideas?
I will be at that site next week and can work more directly with the server.
I am ready to just re-install from there, but I am sure there must be an
easier fix.

Thanx in advance.

Marcus