New IP Address, force other DNS updates?

Dan Delaney Dionysos at Dionysia.org
Mon Jun 26 14:52:48 UTC 2000

Hello all.

I'm running BIND 8 on a FreeBSD machine. I just moved the machine to
a completely different location and got a new IP address for it. I
changed the DNS record at the Internic and it got updated quickly.
The machine is now on its new IP address and working fine except for
one thing. I'm not getting email from anyone who normallly sends me
email because their DNS servers have cached my old IP address and
thus their email programs are trying to send email to my old IP
address.

Is there any way I can basically force those DNS servers to
flush my domain names out of their caches and update the IP address
for my domain names?

Thanks.
-- Dan
 Dionysos at Dionysia.org                                Daniel G. Delaney
 www.Dionysia.org/~dionysos/
 PGP Public Key: /~dionysos/pgp.html