Resolving yahoo.com dies after 2 or 3 days

wongman_eric at my-deja.com wongman_eric at my-deja.com
Mon Jun 26 07:20:15 UTC 2000

We used version 4.9.7 and got the same problem. We use a forwarder
which asks for addresses from the Internet on behalf of some other
slaves DNS servers on the inside of the network. We found that the
forwarder can resolve www.yahoo.com but not for the slave DNSs. Strange
though, the slaves can resolve all other addresses, except yahoo. After
restarting the slave DNS servers, it works for several minutes. After
that, the resolution will fail again.

The problem started from last week. Anyone can help? We noted that
www.yahoo.com is an alias for www.yahoo.akadns.net. Perhaps it is a
hint.

Thanks,

Eric

In article <qeu55.15367$bt1.146337 at typhoon1.san.rr.com>,
  "Tad" <no.sp at m.please> wrote:
> My DNS server stops resolving yahoo.com after 2 or 3 days. The only
way to
> fix this is for me to restart named. This seems to have been a
problem ever
> since 8.2.2 P3. I am now using 8.2.2 P5 on RH 6.2. Is this a problem
with
> yahoo's DNS servers? This is the only one I have problems with. I
have seen
> this exact problem on 2 different machines.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tad

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.