Resolving yahoo.com dies after 2 or 3 days

Alex Stagg alex at softproseinc.com
Mon Jun 26 14:45:38 UTC 2000

Tad wrote:

> My DNS server stops resolving yahoo.com after 2 or 3 days. The only way to
> fix this is for me to restart named. This seems to have been a problem ever
> since 8.2.2 P3. I am now using 8.2.2 P5 on RH 6.2. Is this a problem with
> yahoo's DNS servers? This is the only one I have problems with. I have seen
> this exact problem on 2 different machines.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tad

I've also had this problem on one of my internal servers. Also running 8.2.2 P3
on
RH 5.2. I don't know if it's related, but it seems the problem stated happening

after that machine also dug a new root.hints file from rs0.internic.net. I
updated
that after the last failure late last week and am watching to see if it still
happens
again.

alex at softproseinc dot com