Stumped on REVERSE

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Mon Jun 26 20:47:11 UTC 2000

On Mon, Jun 26, 2000 at 02:04:35PM -0500, kevinm at crt.com wrote:
> Am I missing something or does the serial number in the error message NOT
> correspond to the serial number of the file that your THINK is trying to be
> loaded at start time?  ...

I noticed that, too.  This indicates that the file he showed us and the
file that 'named' is loading are not the same.

I believe that there must be messages that the original poster had not
noticed in the syslog output, which will help in figuring out the
problem.  The data in the posting looked OK.

>		    ..?  And are NS records a requirement?  ...

Yes.

>							.?  And does there
> need to be a white space between the " and the { in the zone line in your
> named.conf?

The '{' is a YACC token, so I am pretty sure that the space becomes
syntactical sugar.  I always put space in.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B