8.2.2-P5 TCP Problem

Greg Schaffer schaffer at mtsu.edu
Fri Mar 24 17:53:16 UTC 2000

Greetings,

I am running 8.2.2-P5 on Windows 2000.  The service stops responding
daily.  Further inspection shows a couple of dozen TCP ststes in
CLOSE_WAIT on port 53 (presumably from zone transfers to my other DNS
boxes).  My other DNS servers are running 8.2.2-P5 on Linux and 4.9.7 on
NT (but I don't think that's relevent).  Killing named.exe clears all
the hung port 53 connections.

Does anyone have any clue why named is keeping these connections open?
Or maybe this is a W2K TCP/IP stack problem?

Thanks,
Greg

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: schaffer.vcf