SOA Minimum error

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Sun Mar 26 21:53:04 UTC 2000

> Adding $TTL will prevent the error message, it will also break all
> known versions of nslint.
>
> This is a bug, not a feature.  The default zone TTL is already
> specified after the default zone serialno, refresh, retry, and
> expire.  Whovever added the "default, default" TTL qualification
> evidently bypassed any code reviews.

	Roger, go read RFC2308 and then you will hopefully understand
	why $TTL was created.  RFC2308 is two years old and is a
	standards track RFC.  There was plenty of peer-review.

	Mark

	P.S. There is no requirement to use $TTL.  You can achieve the
	same effect by add explict TTLs to all records.

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc. / Internet Software Consortium
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com