routing tables picking up stuff

Marc Redmile-Gordon marc at carsplus.co.uk
Mon Mar 27 16:12:26 UTC 2000

hi guys,

I'm trying to setup my first linux firewall.  But I am having trouble with
the routing tables on my DNS server ( unix ).

On the DNS server, when I remove my default gateway to my leased line
router, and change it to the ip address of my linux firewall ( which itself
has a default route to the leased line router ) - I get the routing tables
on the DNS server filling up with unknown remote hosts and servers.

I have done a ps -ef | grep name, route, gate & rip on the linux firewall
but none of these appears to be running.

does anyone have any ideas why this is happening and how to stop it ?

kind regards,

Marc.