DNS-Problem ??

Frank Luedke fl at isr-netcom.de
Thu Mar 2 17:42:55 UTC 2000

  Hi. I am a newby to BIND and DNS, but I have to learn it now ...:)

  I think that I have configured my bind correctly, but I still
 do not get connections within the DeNIC. An "dig domain..."
 with my DNS looks okay. An "dig @other-nameserver domain..." looks
 like a not-connected domain.

  First I configured my BIND completely with webmin 0.78 but it
 didn't work. Now configured it like the DNS HOWTO in the LDP
 and with some additional help from a friend at another
 ISP.

  I located a little problem: I saw in the DeNIC-Help-pages, that
 I *have* to configure the SOA-times in a special purpose
 (http://www.nic.de/hilfe/domainauftrag.en.html#NAMESERVER).
 But the friend from another (german) ISP has the same SOA-times
 than I have, which are different from the SOA-times mentioned by
 the DeNIC. Therefore I think that this can not be my problem.

  My system is a RedHat 6.1 with IP aliasing (just for a few
 weeks, then the alias systems becomes an extra computer).

  My /etc/named.conf:

options {
        directory "/var/named";
};
zone "." {
        type hint;
        file "named.ca";
};
zone "hoecke-buero.de"{
        type master;
        file "/var/named/hoecke-buero.de.hosts";
};
zone "25.190.195.in-addr.arpa"{
        type master;
        file "/var/named/195.190.25.rev";

zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa"{
        type master;
        file "named.local";
[...]

 The /var/named/hoecke-buero.hosts

hoecke-buero.de.                IN      SOA     ns.isr-netcom.de.
hostmaster.isr-n
etcom.de. (
                        2000022801 ; serial
                        86400 ; refresh
                        7200 ; retry
                        604800 ; expire
                        86400 ; default_ttl
                        )
                        IN      NS      ns.isr-netcom.de.
                        IN      NS      ns.ffm.nwu.de.
                        IN      MX      10 mail.hoecke-buero.de.
                        IN      A       195.190.25.2

www                     IN      A       195.190.25.1
ftp                     IN      A       195.190.25.1
mail			IN	A	195.190.25.2

  In the DNS-HOWTO-Example, the domain-file does not contain
 the "IN". But the friend from the other ISP is using it like
 above and he has no problems.

  Hope someone can help me ...

--
Frank Luedke            http://www.installationsparty.de