BIND 8 help - can't connect to local dns server...

root mshallop at shallop.com
Sun Mar 5 18:45:49 UTC 2000

Am trying to set up local dns for my domain ...

Am pretty sure that I have the named.conf and local files setup
correctly.  When I just use the localhost named configuration, I can
connect to the server with no problem.

However, when I add the zones specific to the domain, that's when things
blow up.  When starting nslookup, it gives me an error before warping
over to the next server I have in resolv.conf:

*** Can't find server name for address 63.197.224.123: Non-existent
host/domain

I have a class-c subnet'd IP (net mask is: 255.255.255.248) - is this
what's causing the problem? Is there a special way to configure bind
given this IP assignment?   Does the subnet'd address force you to
change your named file entries?

Thanks....

--mike

@   IN   SOA   micheals.shallop.com. mshallop.micheals.shallop.com. (