Chicken vs. egg

Derrick Hopkins ecd2100 at pinn.net
Mon Mar 6 10:41:42 UTC 2000

I'm having the same chicken vs egg problem.  The domain  is currently
registered through Network Solutions. According to ou guys, I need to
register the dns server seperately. But do I have to go through NSI  for
registration? Or can I register the dns server over on domainmonger.com
while the base name stays at NSI?
It breaks down like this...

domain.com is already at NSI.
Can I put server.domain.com at DomainMonger
and then use server.domain.com as the DNS server for domain.com (which is
still at NSI)?

Derrick