PUBLIC DNS - Technical question

Mark Hewitt Mark at worldmotorsport.com
Wed Mar 8 11:02:08 UTC 2000

Fred Viles wrote:

> Mark at worldmotorsport.com (Mark Hewitt) wrote in
> <38C3A7BC.DBBE015A at worldmotorsport.com>:
>
> >I'm in a similar situation. Having no previous knowledge of DNS.
> >Could someone post an typical example of how I can get my domain
> >to direct to my server given my specific IP address, and nothing
> >more fancy than that.
>
> When you get the the page at Granite canyon where you enter your zone
> data, click the button labled "Example".

Seen that example. But don't fully understand. I have it working whereby
my domain motorsportindex.com routes to ftp correctly and web by
http://motorsportindex.com.

How do I get it to accept http://www.motorsportindex.com ?

Needs to be idiot proof info I'm afraid :)
--
Mark Hewitt
http://www.worldmotorsport.com