Looking for multi-customer DNS system for an ISP

Leo Vegoda bind at bind.org
Wed Mar 8 16:30:35 UTC 2000

On Wed, Mar 08, 2000 at 02:29:41AM -0500, in message <8a4vh5$heo at chronicle.concentric.net>, CHANGE username to westes (junkmail at uscsw.com) wrote: Re: Looking for multi-customer DNS system for an ISP
> I'm looking for a web-driven application that would let customers of an ISP
> configure and manage all domains that they own.   The configuration
> information, once written, would then be fed to either bind, or to some
> custom software that can act as a DNS server for multiple, independently
> configured domains.
>
> Does such code exist either in the public domain, or as a commercial
> product.   If some vendor has implemented such an idea as a consulting
> project and has rights to the code I might be interested in purchasing it.
> Any references to existing implementations are appreciated.

Webmin <URL: http://www.webmin.com/webmin/> may do what you want. It
has a good front-end to BIND and can be customised. I suppose you
could run it on separate virtual/real servers to allow for customer
security/confidentiality.

Has anyone else tried to sue it in this way?

Regards,

-leo