seting up a ns at networksolutions...

Duane Cox dcox at coxnetwork.com
Thu Mar 9 14:03:08 UTC 2000

I have filled out a form at network solutions for creating a host ... (ns1.illicom.net and ns2.illicom.net;
two seperate forms of course)
I am not the technical or administrative contact, but the administrative contact (kevino at illicom.net)
DID recieve and DID return the automated response back to network solutions...

My questions are, does the technical contact need to do anything here??  Can the technical contact
override and deny the administrative request?  also since we dont have the name servers registered yet
we dont have the reverse for our network 12.15.125.0/24 delegated to us... So does the owner of that network
have to allow us to setup a name server on one of those ip addresses.. I know I will need to setup a PTR in the
reverse, thats not the question :)

Reason being a whois host ns1.illicom.net returns nothing

thanks in advance
Duane Cox
dcox at coxnetwork.com