Newbie MX problem

Paul Scott pscott at edencomputers.com
Mon Mar 13 19:10:13 UTC 2000

I know that this is a BIND forum, but I was wondering if anybody out there
had experience migrating email from an old tired server to a new server,
both Linux based, one with an older version of sendmail, one with the very
latest.

I have tried and tried and tried to archive up (using tar) and then send
over (using FTP), all of the email messages (in /var/spool/mail) and user
accounts (under /home), the passwords (passwd), etc.  Everything goes on
the new server just fine, and everything seems to work okay, but none of
the users are correctly validated through POP3 (password denined).

Any ideas?

Sincerely, Paul Scott
Eden Computers
(949) 863-1432