Help with internal address

David Lewis dlewis at iname.com
Tue Mar 14 14:09:05 UTC 2000

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com wrote:

> > sysquery: findns error (NXDOMAIN) on nt01.wejit.com?
> >
> > Any way to eliminate that?
> >

>         You has a NS which refers to this name.  Use 'ndc dumpdb'
>         to dump the cache contents to file.  Seach this file to
>         find the NS record in question then remove the NS records
>         from the appropriate zone.

I don't find an NS record with that name in the dumpdb file.  I DO have an
MX record on it - that's how I get the mail to nt01.  From the dumbpdb:

[root at ns1 named]# grep nt01 named_dump.db
        3600    IN      MX      10 nt01.ankr-tite.com.  ;Cl=2
        3600    IN      MX      10 nt01.wejit.com.      ;Cl=2

I don't want to take this out as my mail stops going to nt01 if I do.  Is
there another way I should be doing it?