Resource temporarily unavailable

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Thu Mar 16 19:39:47 UTC 2000

In article <8ar7p4$tvs$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,  <mkontos at my-deja.com> wrote:
>Running Bind8.2.2-P5
>
>What would be causing the below error:
>
> db_load could not open: cached.zones/nameserver/domain: Resource temporarily
>unavailable

What operating system?  The Solaris 2.6 man page for open(2) says that the
only reason for this error is:

     EAGAIN         The path argument names the slave side  of  a
                    pseudo-terminal device that is locked.

Since the zone file shouldn't be a pseudo-terminal device, this explanation
obviously doesn't apply.  I suggest you check your man page to see what can
cause it on your system.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com