where is the case of a URL defined? how do I ensure it is mixed case and not all lower case?

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Tue Mar 21 00:30:03 UTC 2000

In article <38D56EEA.4AC7EA00 at home.com>,
Timothy GILL  <TimGill at home.com> wrote:
>So, my question: what DNS record needs to be fixed?  Who would own this
>record in my case?  My ISP?  Internic.net?  Some intermediate DNS host somewhere?
>Can I control it from my access to my web site for uploading files?
>
>I'd sure appreciate an answer to this.

Since it's the domain itself that you're concerned with, you'd have to get
the case fixed on both the primary server for .COM (a.root-servers.net),
since it has the delegation records for your domain, and on the master
server for the domain.

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll be able get it changed on the .COM
server.  It gets its data from the WHOIS database, which stores everything
in a single case.

If you wanted visible word boundaries in your domain, you should have used
hyphens, e.g. arts-maplewood.com.  That's what they're for.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com