Mailtransfer and DNS

Martin S. martin.skjoldebrandNOmaSPAM at forumsyd.se.invalid
Wed May 3 08:10:04 UTC 2000

In the near future we will be changing mailservers. Due to the
moronic construction of our messaging server all our users has
to mail their recieved mail to themselves on the new server, or
face loosing it.

In the process we are going to run our own DNS server for easier
maintenance of our domain and our customers domains.

I've added two MX RR's to the domain forumsyd.se

forumsyd.se.     IN    MX     10 fc.forumsyd.se.
forumsyd.se.     IN    MX     20 fc2.forumsyd.se.

Using a simple mail client (e.g. Eudora) would it be possible to
mail USER_A at fc2.forumsyd.se from USER_A at fc.forumsyd.se - using
our still unofficial DNS server (provided of course that a
USER_A exists at fc2.forumsyd.se)?

Or do we need to make the same change at our current domain host
before moving the mail? (We will possibly remove fc2.forumsyd.se
in the future by changing the name to fc....).

Martin S.