Split DNS

James Housley jim at thehousleys.net
Wed May 17 14:20:11 UTC 2000

Jim Reid wrote:

>     James> way to create different sockets for each?  I didn't notice
>     James> an option in the docs.
>
> You must have missed the stuff about the controls{} statement then.

You are right.  I miss-read the purpose of that section.  So If I add:

controls {
        unix "/var/run/ext-ndc" perm 0600 owner 0 group 0;
};

in my exteral named.conf, I can then use

ndc -x /var/run/ext-ndc <some command> to talk to the external server.

Thanks again.

Jim
--
Studies show that 1 out of every 4 Americans suffer some form of
    mental illness.  So look at your three best friends, if they